Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Evans Halshaw Leeds Renault - My Story

http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/index.php?go=details&id=4105&adv=&company_name=&city=&list=yes&offsetf=0

This is a small clip from my story on what happened to me and my car after it was repaired by Evans Halshaw on Roseville Road in Leeds....read on and click the above link for more!

"I was approaching traffic lights and was braking down from 30 mph to around 15 mph when the car suddenly shot forward under FULL ACCELERATION without me doing anything, not pressing the accelerator or in anyway controlling the vehicle to accelerate. I swerved up the kerb to avoid the stationary vehicles ahead queuing for the traffic lights narrowly missing a bus stop and lamp post, acted quickly and disengaged the car from second gear to stop it accelerating, braking all the while and steered it into a side road. From the start of the car accelerating of its own accord the engine was screaming at full revs with the needle bouncing at the top of the “rev counter” - 7/8,000 rpm. Now stationary I quickly removed the key to stop the engine going but it didn't disengage it and carried on until a “BANG” was heard from the engine with plumes of black smoke engulfing the car from the rear – exiting the exhaust I presume.

Given the nature of what happened with my car taking off at full acceleration without my input I was in shock and quickly got out of the vehicle unsure if something else like a fire would ignite the black smoke surrounding the car. If I hadn't reacted quickly to disengage the car from accelerating it could have injured me, other road users or pedestrians.

At this point the first people I rang were Evans Halshaw, understandably in a very upset manner demanding to speak with Steve Dooler or the owner of the dealership. I was told by the Sales Manager that they were not in today as it was a Saturday and the earliest I could speak with anyone was from 8.00 am Monday morning.

After the smoke had lifted I opened the bonnet to check the oil level in the engine – the dipstick was completely dry, no oil remaining in the engine accompanied by a very strong burning smell. I called Green Flag once again and was recovered (for the 4th time in 7 days) 90 minutes later back to my parents house.

The above incident occurred less than 20 hours after I had picked the car up from Evans Halshaw Leeds Renault and paid £978 on top of the initial £248."


You decide......

No comments:

Post a Comment