Monday, August 10, 2009

Evans Halshaw Leeds - Major Problems

http://www.peat.me.uk/2007/07/24/reg-vardy-or-evans-halshaw-just-the-same/

I am also having major problems with Evans Halshaw, Peugeot Leeds, I drove my car to them last week with a fuel pressure problem, yesterday my car was taken away from them on a tow truck. They have replaced loads of parts which are nothing to do with the fuel system, then on Monday I got a phone call to say I had damaged my fuel system and engine by running my diesel car on unleaded fuel and that the repairs were going to cost me £1,800.

When asked why this diagnosis did not come before Monday when they had my car almost a week, they said that the car had diesel running through the engine until Monday and now it’s got unleaded in it. I am no idiot and know that if I had of put unleaded in my car it would have mixed immediatley and would have not been able to drive my car over 200 miles since it was last filled up, plus I have my reciepts from the filling station which all show that I have put diesel in, I have even checked where I have filled up to see if they have had any cross contamination, which they have not. The garage tried to charge me £800 yesterday for the parts they had fitted, which I refused to do and then suddenly reduced this to £117.50, seems strange if they had done nothing wrong, I had no choice but to pay this to get my car back, as I did not want it with them any longer.

Now to top it all off, my electrics also seem to be knackard!

I now have a car which is undrivable and I have no idea what is wrong with it. I am pretty sure there is unleaded in it now but I certainly did not put it in, it must of got there by magic!!!!

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do, I have tried citizens advice but can not get through. I have complained to Peugeot who have referred it back to the dealer principle but I am not holding my breath for a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment