Monday, August 10, 2009

Consumer Review of Evans Halshaw Leeds Renault

So far, Evans Halshaw in Leeds has not provided the service I required since the date of purchase, and I feel that all the issues should have been rectified in the first instance. I had repeatedly asked Evans Halshaw to strip the vehicle and find all the underlying issues, so far this has not been done. All the times I had taken the vehicle into the dealership about the same problems, I was not given clear enough explanations. I want the vehicle sorted, if not, I would hope for a full reimbursement of all the money I have paid over the last several years should be made payable back to me.

Since I purchased the vehicle in September 2005, I have had to return the vehicle back to the place of purchase for various issues. The issues that had arisen where: vehicle pulling to the left, axle rattling, wishbone rattling, engine compartment light constantly showing on the dashboard, fuel injectors, fuel valves, loose engine harnesses, engine rattling, car constantly juddering, eps problems, gear linkage issues (giving over 11 issues in the last three years). The vehicle has been into the workshop on numerous occasions for the above issues. In all instances I was not given clear enough answers from the dealership. On the last occasion when the vehicle was returned back to Evans Halshaw for the matter of the Engine Compartment Light showing on the dashboard. The service staff had done a full diagnostic test and the results had shown that the vehicle required fuel lines to be cleaned. They informed me that the fuel lines had been cleaned and I should not have any further problems with the vehicle. They had also informed me a free full service (July/August 08) would be done for the troubles I have had, this was meant to have been done on the vehicle which I personally feel was not done in enough detail. If the service was done, then the underlying issue with the Camshaft and any other matter would have shown up on their report. On the 19th December 2008 I was travelling from Leeds to Burscough in Lancashire with my partner. Whilst driving to my destination, I was on the third lane of the motorway when I lost complete acceleration and could have been in a car accident. When I had managed to get onto the hard shoulder I immediately contacted AA who picked my vehicle, partner and I up and took us to Burtonwood Services. Once I had arrived there, a mechanic from another garage had done a very basic Electrical Diagnostic Test; the results had shown that there was a problem with the fuel valves. I was then taken to my destination via a trailer. The following day I had contacted the AA again who had picked me up and dropped off my car at Evans Halshaw in Leeds. On the 22nd December 2008 I re-visited Evans Halshaw and informed them that the issue should be rectified without a cost to me, due to issues I have had since purchasing the vehicle. After their own diagnostic test, the results had shown that the Camshaft was broken and would cost me £827.75 Inc. VAT; again this should have been picked up on when the car had gone back to the workshop the last time.

Since I purchased the car I have requested that all documentation relating to the work carried out on my vehicle should be provided to me, this has not been done so far. I had provided them with a stamped addressed envelope and had visited the dealer in person requesting the documents, again this is yet to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment